ADSM-L

Re: Disaster Happened!

2001-03-22 14:31:16
Subject: Re: Disaster Happened!
From: "David M. Hendrix" <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 13:31:49 -0600
I agree with Wanda.  I would add that we netboot/customize when we have a
complete failure on the rootvg.  The mksysb's are made weekly and stored on
node pairs (in addition to being backed up to ADSM).  In this manner we can
get the rootvg rebuilt without going to tape, and then get picky about what
we really need to bring back.

Make sure that boot self-discovery and the ODM do not disagree (you never
know after a while of small hardware changes - this has bit us in the
past).  Then once you've restored /dev and other important directories make
sure it matches the physical.

David

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 03/22/2001
12:17:42 PM