ADSM-L

README file for HP-UX fix test IC26906

2001-03-22 11:22:32
Subject: README file for HP-UX fix test IC26906
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:22:41 -0500
I am preparing to install a client fix test on some of my HP-UX systems. I
followed a link from the Tivoli Web server to the FTP server at
service.boulder.ibm.com and found the directory containing fix tests for HP-UX
3.7 client code. In the course of figuring out which fixtest I needed I looked
at the README file for fix test IC26906. The first few lines of this file are
as follows:

Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) Solaris 2.6/7 Client                     README

Version 3, Release 7, Level 2                                     PTF IP21931

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2000. All rights reserved.

Welcome to the Tivoli Storage Manager Version 3.7 HP-UX 11 Client!

Much of the substantive information in the file is specific to Solaris.
Fortunately for me and my clients, I needed a different fix test. Even so, this
breathtaking display of ineptitude makes me a little nervous about the
soundness of any fix test.