ADSM-L

3494 Partitioning - moving TSM from MVS to AIX

2001-03-22 10:08:27
Subject: 3494 Partitioning - moving TSM from MVS to AIX
From: Linnea Nichols <linnea.nichols AT CO.FAIRFAX.VA DOT US>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:00:58 -0500
We posted this on the IBM-MAIN listserver and have had no responses (I've
reworded it a bit to try and make it clearer). Maybe someone on ADSM-L who
has done a move from MVS to AIX with TSM could help us?

We have a IBM 3494 with 2 Logical Libraries (VTS and Native); all the drives
are 3590-E1A.  We are moving TSM(ADSM) off of MVS to AIX (RS/6000 H80).  In
the Native Library, we currently have an L14, D14, D14, D14, then VTS
configuration - we are going to be changing it to an L14, D12, D14, D14,
etc. configuration, where the second frame is no longer to be used by MVS,
but will now have six 3590-E1A Fibre attached drives, all drives in that
frame connecting to the H80.  Currently the drives in the second frame are
defined to MVS and the frame (D14) is LIBPORT-ID=02 in the HCD definition.
What will it be to MVS, if anything, when we partition it off?  If it were
SCSI, it would get 6 LIBPORT-ID numbers but it's Fibre - does that keep just
the 02 ID or
is it completely removed from HCD because it's being attached to the RS box
(partitioned off MVS)?

We can't find anything thing concrete at this point, we've been all around
it - in Redbooks, IBM.Com, HCD, etc.
Linnea Nichols

Fairfax Co Govt, Fairfax, VA   Linnea.Nichols AT co.fairfax.va DOT us
Phone: 703/324-2708  FAX:703-324-3958