ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: jcl to run admin client in batch

2001-03-21 09:54:19
Subject: Re: Antwort: jcl to run admin client in batch
From: John Naylor <John.Naylor AT SCOTTISH-SOUTHERN.CO DOT UK>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:48:37 +0000
     Setopt will work with no problems with disp=shr
       TSM stores this information in the database.
   So yes if you wish to keep the option file in line with the database you do
   need to halt the
   server at some time, because although disp=shr allows you read the file you
   cannot update it
   while TSM is active.
   However in the OS390 world if you are making global changes as in the TSM
   options file, they
   should go through a change control process, which will allow you to record
   that you are making
   the original change through setopt, and that TSM will be downed at a
   convenient time  to update the server option file.
   I have not found this a problem, maybe I  do not make that many changes.

   John

Gerhard Wolkerstorfer <Gerhard.Wolkerstorfer AT T-SYSTEMS DOT AT> on 03/21/2001
02:27:20 PM