ADSM-L

Re: A consensus on scheduling methodology

2001-03-20 14:32:24
Subject: Re: A consensus on scheduling methodology
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:35:06 -0600
Peter, We consider the 24 hour TSM day to be a combination of client backups and
TSM and related administrative schedules. We allow the TSM scheduler to handle
all client backups and Maestro handles all admin stuff which allows for
dependencies. The Maestro day kicks off at 05:59 and at that time all admin jobs
are reset and this marks the beginning of the day. As far as the most overt
admins stuff, we do disk to tape migrations, then primary to copy pool backups,
then the
data base backup and then finish up the "admin" type stuff with our DRM report
generation. Once this completes, our expiration/reclamation goes on until
approximately 6PM and then we do client backups in the window from 6PM till the
next morning at 05:59. Maestro allows you to embed scripts and use dependencies
and is very appropriate for all the little admin stuff that TSM requires. Again,
this was not meant to be a definitive listing of all the admin stuff only to
give you a flavor for how we work things.

George Lesho
System / Storage Admin
AFC Enterprises

PETER GRIFFIN <PETER.GRIFFIN AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU> on 03/19/2001 06:11:02
PM