ADSM-L

Re: Using client option sets with multiple active policy sets.

2001-03-20 14:27:46
Subject: Re: Using client option sets with multiple active policy sets.
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:28:21 -0500
Anne,
  Perhaps your situation is unique, but what we did is establish a
management class of DIR for the DIRMC class. In other words, in all of our
CLOPTSETs, we specify the DIRMC option with a value of DIR. So, all our
directory information goes to management class DIR and we provide the
appropriate services for the DIR management class and DIR storage pools.

Actually, I can't claim credit for this idea. A look through the ADSM-L
archives on DIRMC will help out a lot.

Once again, good luck.
John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com