ADSM-L

Re: jcl to run admin client in batch

2001-03-20 12:21:23
Subject: Re: jcl to run admin client in batch
From: "MC Matt Cooper (2838)" <Matt.Cooper AT AMGREETINGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:22:22 -0500
We run some of the admin scripts through batch initiated jobs.  Some things
are just better scheduled by a real job scheduler (can handle dependencies
etc).  Anyway here is an example of how we handle doing our DB backup
processing.  It makes an offsite copy, and the batch job waits for it so the
CA1 TMS  backup includes this TSM DB backup, then it gets rid of the old DB
backups, and does another DB backup for an onsite copy.
Matt

//DBBKUP1  EXEC PGM=IKJEFT01
//STEPLIB  DD   DSN=SYS1.CEE.SCEERUN,
//             DISP=SHR
//DSCLANG  DD DSN=SYS1.TSM.SANSMSG(ANSMENU),DISP=SHR
//DSCOPT   DD DSN=AGPP.TSM.TSOADMIN.OPTIONS,DISP=SHR
//SYSHELP  DD DSN=SYS1.TCPIP.SEZAHELP,DISP=SHR
//SYSIN  DD  DUMMY
//SYSTSIN DD *
DSMADMC -ID=ADMINJOB -PASSWORD=thepasswrd MACRO 'SYSINLIB(TSMDBBK)'
/*
//SYSTSPRT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSUDUMP DD SYSOUT=*
//*************************************************************

and in the 'SYSINLIB(TSMDBBK) we have
/*  THIS IS THE DB BACKUP SCRIPT                                     */
/*                  DEVCLASS=9840DRIVES                              */
BACKUP DB TYPE=FULL DEVCLASS=9840OFFSITE WAIT=YES
COMMIT
DELETE VOLHISTORY TYPE=DBBACKUP TODATE=TODAY-3
COMMIT
BACKUP DB TYPE=FULL DEVCLASS=9840DRIVES WAIT=NO

Matt