ADSM-L

Priority

2001-03-19 09:52:59
Subject: Priority
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 15:53:15 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
I've just finished migrating from a 3575 to a 3494 with two drives and I
encounter the first nasty problem.
TSM doesn't give the migrate process a higher priority than the reclaim
process!
Customers were calling me, asking why there backups were stalling. I checked
TSM, there were two migrates (disk to tape) running and waiting for
mountpoints. The two mountpoints were occupied by a reclaim process.
To my opinion a migrate to empty the diskpool is much more important than a
reclaim and so I would expect TSM to cancel the running reclaim. It does
not!
How can I control this?
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.