ADSM-L

SAP R/3 and versions

2001-03-19 09:08:45
Subject: SAP R/3 and versions
From: "Braich, Raminder" <raminder.braich AT DAVEY DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 09:08:46 -0500
One of the TSM clients, having SAP R/3 and Oracle database, backup fails
regularly. We have set the Versions to be 28 in the initSID.utl file. I
believe that if the backup fails the TSM is not aware of the version and it
will not increase the versions. However we do backup the remaining files
where the original backup dies. Now would that be considered as the second
backup or not. I am asking this because we are not getting any tapes back
from offsite. I am assuming the backups are not expiring. Can someone please
clarify how TSM or Backint keeps track of the versions and if my belief is
incorrect.

Thanks
Raminder Braich