ADSM-L

Windows TSM server 4.1.3 finally supports SCSI attached 3583 for W2K!

2001-03-19 05:47:39
Subject: Windows TSM server 4.1.3 finally supports SCSI attached 3583 for W2K!
From: "Norback, Jan" <Jan.Norback AT NL.ORIGIN-IT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 11:48:07 +0100
Finally some good new for us happy people with 358X Libraries and W2K on
SAN.
The latest level of the Windows TSM server 4.1.3 is available (although
Tivoli's Website is behind with the information as usual) see:

ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/
server/v4r1/NT/LATEST/

Hurry before they remove it ...:-).

Some minor problems with the upgrade from RSM to SCSI for 3583:
-I had to use the LB1.X.Y.Z as the library name, don't know why I couldn't
use any name but there might be a limitation for SCSI libraries that I
use any name but there might be a limitation for SCSI libraries that I
missed.
-I also had to change the device class for the old RSM tape to point to the
new library name.
new library name.

Time to try the SAN backups this week. Happy upgrading.

Regards,
Jan Norback

Atos Origin-IT (MS/DS/OSS Unix)
VA-173, PO-box 218, 5600 MD Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Groenewoudseweg 1 5621 BA Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Email: Jan.Norback AT Atosorigin DOT com
Tel: +31 (0)40-2780289
Mobile: +31 (0)6-25233507
Fax     : +31 40 2783962