ADSM-L

Product comparison: Connected vs. TSM

2001-03-15 13:01:41
Subject: Product comparison: Connected vs. TSM
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:53:40 -0500
Has anyone compared Connected (www.connected.com) with TSM?

We are looking into Connected to back up our mobile users when
they are offsite.   I have only seen the one hour demo, but I was impressed.
The backup sends only the parts of files that are changed like the
subfile feature in tsm 4.1.  Connected doesn't appear to need the large
download of current state info that TSM does for an incremental.

I would like to hear from anyone who has looked into the Connected product
further.  Is anyone using it?

TIA,

--