ADSM-L

Re: Experiences from Client-Patch 4.1.2.12 ( and on Ms Clusterserver )?

2001-03-15 12:46:37
Subject: Re: Experiences from Client-Patch 4.1.2.12 ( and on Ms Clusterserver )?
From: Gunnar Uhr <gunnar.uhr AT KS DOT SE>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:47:06 +0100
Thanks for Your answer, John

It felt fine that at least someone wanted to give me some "moral support" on
this matter.
;-)

I Started today with two of the servers and it seems to run along fine.

Be Well !

//Gunnar

John Monahan wrote:

> I used TSMCLEAN on 2 different NT 4 server clients.  The only issue I had
> was users complaining of the performance hit because I ran it during the
> work day.  It basically impacts the system the same as a real backup
> would, except I had about 20 times the normal backup amount because of all
> the corrupted files.
>
> I read all the instructions and readmes several times before I attempted
> anything.

>     John Monahan
>     Network Team Coordinator
>     Liberty Diversified Industries
>     (763) 536-6677
>
> Gunnar Uhr <gunnar.uhr AT KS DOT SE>
> 03/14/01 07:00 AM
> Please respond to gunnar.uhr
>
>         To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
>         cc:
>         Subject:        Experiences from Client-Patch 4.1.2.12 ( and on Ms
> Clusterserver    ) ?
>
> Hello everybody.
>
> I'm having a number of NT-servers (clients) and Win2000 Servers that I
> guess would
> be best to install/run this patch on.
> Does anybody have any experiences of using the Client-Patch 4.1.2.12 on
> Win32 ?
>
> I also have a few Ms Clusterservers ( NT 4.0 ) that I also have to do
> this on.
> Are there anyone of You that has done this - or has any ideas according
> to this ?
>
> Are there anything "special" to concider when running the TSMCLEAN.
>
> I would very much like it to be OK "on the first try" - this time    ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Gunnar
>
> --
>
> Gunnar Uhr
> IT-Service
> KAROLINSKA HOSPITAL
> STOCKHOLM
> SWEDEN
>
> e-mail  gunnar.uhr AT ks DOT se

Gunnar Uhr   Tel.  08-517 76440
IT-Service
KAROLINSKA SJUKHUSET  Fax.  08-314899
171 76  STOCKHOLM  e-mail  gunnar.uhr AT ks DOT se