ADSM-L

Re: Recoverylog

2001-03-15 10:10:51
Subject: Re: Recoverylog
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 10:11:24 -0500
>ANR4556W Attention: the database backup operation did not
>         free sufficient recovery log space to lower utilization
>         below the database backup trigger.

David - Sounds like there were busy sessions or processes running
        when the DB backup was attempted.  The situation indicates
that your Recovery Log is either too small for the level of your
current server activities, or some unusual load spike occurred.
I'd recommend adding a volume to your Recovery Log, preferably
TSM-mirrored.
     Richard Sims, BU