ADSM-L

DSMAPIPW for UDB backups on Solaris 2.6

2001-03-14 23:29:00
Subject: DSMAPIPW for UDB backups on Solaris 2.6
From: Ross Davies <ross.davies AT CENTRELINK.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:15:46 +1100
We are using TSM to back up our DB2 UDB databases on Solaris 2.6 clients.
On the TSM server I have set the password expiry for all of the Solaris
nodes to 9999.
However after a varying number of days the DB2 backups start failing with
137 api return codes
which are fixed by running the dsmapipw password setting job.  We ran this
job when
the nodes were first backed up but every so often we have to run it again.
In the manuals it states
that the dsmapipw password setting job only ever needs to be run once.  Why
do we have
to continually run this job?  I have passwordaccess generate.

Thanks
Ross Davies
Tuning & Storage Admin
Centrelink