ADSM-L

Missing MAC Headers after upgrading to Tivoli

2001-03-12 09:35:33
Subject: Missing MAC Headers after upgrading to Tivoli
From: Kim McCubbin <kimjm AT PUBPRESS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:38:35 -0500
We have Mac users that copy files onto an NT Server. The NT Server is backed up
by Tivoli. All older Mac files that were backed up by ADSM have now lost there
MAC header (they are shown as PC files now). Mac doesn't recognize the files
unless the user adds a file extension to the filename. Thousands of files have
been corrupted. Has anyone seen a similar problem after upgrading? Does anyone
know of a fix? I currently have a PMR open with Tivoli Support. I opened the
ticket last week and the support guy told me that the files must have been
touched by a PC somewhere along the way. This is not the case, the files were
fine before the upgrade. All new files that are put on the MAC Volume of the NT
server are fine when backed up by Tivoli. Something must have happened to the
older files when we upgraded to Tivoli.

Here's our environment:
Mac user copies files to mounted Mac Volume on NT 4.0 Service Pack 6 server
running Tivoli client 3.7.2.19. The NT server gets backed up by Tivoli 3.7.4.3
running on AIX 4.3.2 server. The files go straight to 3494 tape library and are
kept on tape for 26 months.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kim McCubbin