ADSM-L

archive performance with solaris 3.1.0.7 client to aix 3.7.4.0 se rver

2001-03-09 17:08:23
Subject: archive performance with solaris 3.1.0.7 client to aix 3.7.4.0 se rver
From: Lynton Willson <Lynton.Willson AT BTFINANCIALGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:06:23 +1100
Since upgrading to 3.7.4 from 3.7.3.6 we've had awful performance
on archives from a solaris client with the TSM server spending most
of its time looking up dir entries in the database.  Has anyone seen
this ?  I've seen some postings about using clean archdir but
this seems to be broken in 3.7.4 (stating one or more parameters
is missing....)

Any ideas ?

Lynton Willson
BT Financial Group

This message and any attachment is confidential and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you have received it by mistake please
let us know by reply and then delete it from your system; you should not copy
the message or disclose its contents to anyone.