ADSM-L

Re: cache migrated files

2001-03-09 17:07:46
Subject: Re: cache migrated files
From: Miles Purdy <PURDYM AT FIPD.GC DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:50:46 -0600
It sounds like you did everything correct.

1. you make the disk pool, allow file caching
2. then you 'backup' the data to you offsite pool, and
3. 'migrate' the data to your primary (tape) pool

Miles

fyi:
              Storage Pool Name: DISKDATA
               Storage Pool Type: Primary
               Device Class Name: DISK
         Estimated Capacity (MB): 47 700.0
                        Pct Util: 94.9
                        Pct Migr: 0.3
                     Pct Logical: 100.0
                    High Mig Pct: 90
                     Low Mig Pct: 10
                 Migration Delay: 0
              Migration Continue: Yes
             Migration Processes: 4
               Next Storage Pool: BACKUP
            Reclaim Storage Pool:
          Maximum Size Threshold: 16 000 M
                          Access: Read/Write
               Overflow Location:
           Cache Migrated Files?: Yes
                      Collocate?:
           Reclamation Threshold:
 Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed:
   Delay Period for Volume Reuse:
          Migration in Progress?: No
            Amount Migrated (MB): 25 944.54
Elapsed Migration Time (seconds): 3 024
        Reclamation in Progress?:
 Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed:
  Last Update by (administrator): PURDYM
           Last Update Date/Time: 03/09/01   01:00:15

>>> GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM 09-Mar-01 2:32:52 PM >>>
I'm hoping I did this correctly but need to ask. I have a disk pool that I
want some data to remain on for the sake of it being readily available
without mounting multiple tapes. This is just directory information if
anyone is curious. I defined the pool, and set cache migrated files=yes. I
do need to make sure this data is put in the offsite pool as well, and to a
tape pool that remains in the library for backup purposes. The disk pool is
set to migrate, but with set cache files=yes, I'm assuming it will remain on
disk as well as be copied to onsite and offsite pools...I did define that
too...properly I hope....

I was sure the percent used yesterday was 0.7 but at the moment I see it's
0.5 after the migration finished. Not sure why this happened yet but maybe
someone could shed some light. Is there a way I can compare what is on the
tape to what's on the disk pool?

Is my assumption correct or will it make me the other part of *ass*umption?

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group