ADSM-L

Novell 3.12 question with TSM

2001-03-09 13:18:20
Subject: Novell 3.12 question with TSM
From: "Anderson, Michael" <Michael_Anderson AT HMIS DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:19:14 -0500
        We have upgraded our TSM server from 3.1.2.20 to version 4.1.0 Since
I have done this, I have the following error
       on all the 3.12 command screens:  TCPIP- 4.0-235: Number of
connections in syn-received state on port 1501 has
       exceeded the maximum (16) allowed by the application. Could be due to
a possible syn attack. TCPIP is trying to
       compensate by deleting all half-open connections. Although it does
not appear to be causing me any problems in the
       backups, the network guys don't like the error. I can't find any
documentation on requirements for any certain Novell
       pieces. I have not upgraded the Novell client yet it is still at
3.1.06

      Michael_anderson AT hmis DOT org