ADSM-L

Re: AS/400 Backup

2001-03-09 12:03:27
Subject: Re: AS/400 Backup
From: Ron Pavan <ronpavan AT MGMMIRAGE DOT NET>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:10:25 -0800
You can use BRMS from IBM or RobotSave from Help Systems.  You need the
AS/400 API installed on the AS/400.  We had two as/400 backing up to TSM
both working but one was very slow (640 with 100mb card).  The 830 w/gb
ethernet is as fast as any other client that I have (11.3GB is 30 minutes).
Not sure if this is the processor or the ethernet card since the 640 does
not have a gig card.  I think this just shows that if you through the
hardware at it it will work but if you don't it is very slow.  You  must
configure everything on the AS/400 side and you just register the node in
TSM.