ADSM-L

Runaway dsmserv

2001-03-08 09:00:50
Subject: Runaway dsmserv
From: "Richard L. Rhodes" <rhodesr AT FIRSTENERGYCORP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:10:04 -5
Were having a strange problem.

Over a period of several weeks we saw the cpu utilization of dsmserv rise to
the point it was running our AIX server at 100% utilization.  It was running
at 100% utilization even whan nothing was happening on the server - no
backups, migration, reclamation, etc.  We called support - they suggested we
reboot our server, which was our idea also.

After the reboot, everything seemed back to normal.  Now, a week after the
reboot, dsmserv is running a constant 50% of our server, reguardless of
what's happening.  We're going to cycle dsmserv this afternoon after batch
processing.  Then, call support, again.

Is anyone else seeing this kind of behavior?

Rick