ADSM-L

Creating backupsets problem

2001-03-07 08:10:09
Subject: Creating backupsets problem
From: "Brian T. Huntley" <bth AT CLARKSON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:10:37 -0500
Hello everyone...

I'm working on creating backupsets for all of our nodes via a macro and
have run into a pretty serious problem:

It would appear that any node who's scheduler contacts the server while
the backupset is being generated (even just to check for scheduled events)
freezes, leaving a dud session on the server, and apparently freezing the
client as well.  The only solution appears to be restarting the clients
after halting and restarting the TSM server.

Has anyone else seen this problem, or anything like it? Any advice?

Server: IBM RS/6000 H70, AIX 4.3.3, TSM 4.1.2.0
Clients: Various platforms, ver 3.1.0.[6-7] - 4.1.2.0

TIA!

Best regards,
Brian

| Brian T. Huntley                                Systems Administrator |
| Campus Information Services, Clarkson University                      |
| Ph/FAX: 315.268-6723/6570                                             |
| bth AT clarkson DOT edu                                 www.clarkson.edu/cis |
 UNIX *is* user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.
        PGP Public Key available. finger bth AT clarkson DOT edu