ADSM-L

Re: Point-In-Time Restore

2001-03-07 01:31:17
Subject: Re: Point-In-Time Restore
From: Æbelø Kaj-Flemming <KAE AT DANFOSS DOT DK>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 07:31:38 +0100
Hi.
Some month ago I ran into the same problem. Called Tivoli support for help.
They told:
working as designed. You will have to use the command line interface to
restore.

---------CUT---------------
Hello,
Hello,
 This issue has already been discussed with development.  There are 2
 methods for enabling PIT restores.  The first method is to keep enough
 versions of directories to enable the PIT restore in the GUI.  The
 second is to use the command line for PIT restores.  The decision to
 enable PIT restores from the GUI is up to administration.  Enabling PIT
 restores from the GUI can mean increased resource costs.  Enabling PIT
 restores from the GUI require extra versions of directories, these
 extra versions require more disk space and more entries in the database
 to keep track of the entries.   The DIRMC option is discussed earlier
 in Chapter 11 Managing Client Data Using Policies.  Development is
 aware that GUI PIT restores can appear inconsistent.  APAR IC25961 and
 IC24733 were opened and closed SUG (suggestion).  In both cases the
 issue was acknowledged and stated to be working as designed.  I hope
 that this helps to clarify the situation.
 Regards,
 Level 2 Tucson

Kaj
Kaj