ADSM-L

ATTN: All Windows Client Users

2001-03-06 13:38:10
Subject: ATTN: All Windows Client Users
From: Andy Raibeck <Andrew_Raibeck AT TIVOLI DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:38:39 -0800
** PLEASE READ ** Patch 4.1.2.12 for the Windows client is now available
for download. All files related to this patch begin with "IP22151_12".
Please note that this patch fixes a number of APARs, including IC29552
(the problem with file names containing international characters, also
known as "the umlaut problem"). If you are experiencing this problem,
please be sure to review the files IP22151_12_TSMCLEAN_README.FTP and
IP22151_12_TSMCLEAN_README.1ST *before* installing and
using the 4.1.2.12 client.

Be sure to also review IP22151_12_read1stc.txt for information about
other APARs fixed in this patch.

Note: While this patch has not been tested as extensively as our usual
maintenance PTFs, it has undergone significantly more testing than
prior fixtests.

You can obtain the patch from our ftp site ftp.software.ibm.com in the
following directory:

   storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/client/v4r1/Windows/v412

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Tivoli Systems
e-mail: araibeck AT tivoli DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."