ADSM-L

Re: Sql Backup Error

2001-03-06 10:22:27
Subject: Re: Sql Backup Error
From: Robert L King <bobking AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:22:55 -0500
Robert, this is a SQL Server restriction. In the SQL Server Books Online
section "Backing Up the master Database" there is "Note Only full database
backups of master can be created".

To use the command "tdpsqlc backup * log" you can enter an exclude
statement in the TSM options file (default "dsm.opt"):
   exclude "\...\master\...\log*"
See Appendix B in the TDP for SQL User's Guide.

Any database that has the "Truncate Log On Checkpoint" option will have the
same problem: its transaction log cannot be backed up.

Bob King    IBM Global Services
bobking AT us.ibm DOT com

Robert Ouzen <robert AT RESEARCH.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 03/06/2001
09:47:38 AM