ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: ANS1312E Server media mount not possible

2001-03-05 11:28:11
Subject: Re: Antwort: ANS1312E Server media mount not possible
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 08:28:13 -0800
>> Fra:  Palmadesso Jack[SMTP:Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM]
>> That sounds like that is exactly your problem.  I was caught
>by this when
>> we
>> moved our first server to TSM.  I believe 3.7 sets these to
>0.  You will
>> have to make it something other than 0 for it to work.

Having just upgraded to the most recent version of TSM, from ADSM 3.1.2.55
on AIX, I decided to look at all the nodes I have. I found that all the
nodes I had previously defined before the upgrade were all set to 0. The new
ones I created are set to 2. Better make a note in the document everyone got
from me to update your nodes.

Now that that's fixed I wonder what other things I'll find out about in the
future. This is really annoying, I've been involved with delivering software
to the government in the past and we had proceedures to follow. In those
proceedures were proceedures from past deliveries to make sure the same
functions, that worked in the past, still work, not just enhancements. I
thought this would be SOP for all companies delivering software to its
customers but I guess not.

Geoff (I have enough to do without having to go back and fix things from
software updates) Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
Computer Systems Group