ADSM-L

Lotus Domino on Solaris problem

2001-03-05 06:36:33
Subject: Lotus Domino on Solaris problem
From: Petr Přerost <pprerost AT HTD DOT CZ>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:10:28 +0100
Hello ,
I am trying to solve following problem - I saw similar thing some month with
Del Hoobler response - but I dont like
such solution too much .

Problem :
during backup of Lotus Domino ( 5.0.5 on Solaris 2.7 with TDPfLD 1.1.1 ) -
techies did some changes in network between
techies did some changes in network between
Domino client and server and backup proces domdsmc - goes into
I understand it as waiting for TSM server ( server 4.1.2.1 on W2K ) . We
kill proces and try to run it once more - we received
for some Domino databases following error :

Backup of ebmail/database.nsf failed.
Attempt to backup a database that is currently being backed up.

Del responce from list was :

First, make sure all backup and restore
processes that are running on the Domino Server
machine are stopped/killed.

Then...you may have already done this...but...
...try recycling your Domino Server to see if
this releases the "lock" on the database.

FYI...TDP for Domino uses a backup/restore Domino R5 API to
do the backup. TDP for Domino doesn't decide whether
a backup is running already or not... it is the Domino R5
API that passes back the return code and message (which is why
it doesn't have ACD prepended.)

Thanks,

Del

Well - recycle of this Domino server is the very very last solution -
so my question is  what I am missing in dsm.sys of api client ?
I guess client had to time out and clean up in Domino before end .

It is really painfull that Domino client can left databases in
"backup pending" status without any chance to reset them without
shutdown/restart or Domino server .

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Petr Přerost
H.T.D., spol. s r.o.