ADSM-L

Fileserver data expiration

2001-03-02 18:56:14
Subject: Fileserver data expiration
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 15:56:44 -0800
Howdy.

Does anybody know of products that can check the last modification/access
times of files, delete, and archive them?

I know the BA Client (GUI) can Archive > Search (Modify and Access Date) >
Filter, then archive/delete, but that's a manual process.  I could write a C
or perl program to do it, possibly using the API or piping filenames into
DSMC, but I don't want to get into the business of writing/supporting custom
software.  This feels like it goes a bit beyond the level of 'admin
scripting.'  I'd like to use this product, if it exists, on both NT and AIX
platforms.

Thanks,
Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator