ADSM-L

Re: truncated while reading in Shared Static mode

2001-03-02 08:55:00
Subject: Re: truncated while reading in Shared Static mode
From: Mearl Danner <jmdanner AT SAMFORD DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:54:34 -0600
We have the same problem with the 3.7 and 4.1 clients. If you take note the
files are backed up every time. Whether they've been changed has no bearing. I
've restored the files to another server and they seem to be undamaged. The
Macs can read them fine.

In our case the files are Macintosh namespace files. This from Tivoli support:

I have generated an APAR IC29695 to address this.
   TSM NETWARE CLIENT 3.7 AND 4.1.1 GIVES ERROR DURING BACKUP:
   TRUNCATED WHILE READING IN SHARED STATIC MODE

The fix is not available yet. We have reverted to the 3.1 client.

BTW. Please don't post in html format. I detest having to open my email
client and browser both to read email.

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001 15:52:36 -0500 "Lorrie J. Marnell" <ljm2 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
wrote:

> I am using ADSM to backup Netware 5.1 servers.  I am seeing the message
> truncated while reading in Shared Static mode in my dsmerror.log file and
> have not been able to find any information in the achieves regarding it.

> Can someone tell me if this is something I should be concerned with?

Mearl Danner
Mearl Danner
Systems Programmer
Email: jmdanner AT samford DOT edu