ADSM-L

Re: TSM, SAN, ACSLS and Solaris

2001-03-01 11:17:09
Subject: Re: TSM, SAN, ACSLS and Solaris
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:18:42 -0600
To configure the qlogic hba, did you first remove the Sun IFP driver? You
probably need to do this and reinstall the qlogic driver with the vendors id#'s

* rem_drv ifp
*  rem_drv qla2200
*  add_drv -c scsi ' "<<<vendor's devide id #>>>" ' qla2200
* Then you will edit your st.conf file to make sure support for the tape drives
you are using is selected by uncommenting
    references to them
    This will look like:
     tape-config-list=
     "QUANTUM DLT7000",    "Quantum DLT7000",  "DLT7K-data";
       DLT7k-data =    1,0x38,0,0x1D639,4,0x82,0x83,0x84,0x85,2;

there is some sort of readme file to explain how to link the wwn with the
devices as I recall.. I haven't seen a swith or FC for a couple years... If I
recall correctly this will be done in the qla2200.conf file.

* touch /reconfigure
* reboot - - -r

The system reads the driver config file as well as the st.conf and builds NEW
device files in /dev/rmt... in fact, you can remove the old ones first if you
like, they won't work if the stuff isn't configured right anyway.  You will see
references to the new HBA your banner and /var/adm/messages once it is installed
right. If you have syntax errors in the st.conf, these will show up in the
banner and /var/adm/messages.  Does qlogic or the O/S (sorry I am in an all AIX
env now) give you a utility called drvconfig? If so, I think you can also run
the thing to build your special dev files...

drvconfig -i qla2200
devlinks
tapes

---then look into /dev/rmt to see if the special character files necessary for
dev support were created....
dev support were created....

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

drvconfig?

"Walker, Lesley R" <lesley.walker AT EDS DOT COM> on 02/28/2001 09:24:50 PM