ADSM-L

Re: Whatever happened to...

2001-02-28 22:16:00
Subject: Re: Whatever happened to...
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:15:49 +1000
In My TSM 3.7 Manual set in the Admin Guide Chapter 18 Monitoring the TSM server
there is a section on logging TSM events to receivers and a subsection on
Logging Events to the Tivoli Event Console

Is that what you are looking for?

Steve Harris
AIX and ADSM Admin
Queensland Health

Date:           February 28, 2001                       Time: 2:49 PM
From:   Jerry Lawson
                The Hartford Insurance Group
860     547-2960                jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
-
-
-
Here's one of those "whatever happened to" questions....
Here's one of those "whatever happened to" questions....

We not only are users of TSM, but are also users of the Tivoli Frameworks
products as well to monitor our many servers.   These servers (of course!)
are backed up by TSM.  We want to have the Frameworks (TMR) monitor the
status of backups, and report if there are problems, etc.

For those of you with knowledge of Frameworks, you already know that this
can be done through a Log File Adapter.  We can do that, but it does require
that we write it.

There used to be a product (a plus module in framework terms) that provided
this link between the two products.  I can no longer find info about the
product, and I don't remember its name?  Does anyone else know what it is,
and what the status of the product is?

-
-
-