ADSM-L

Commands

2001-02-28 17:40:07
Subject: Commands
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:38:55 -0800
I've been dabbling in trying to get the output of a command, through the
scheduler, to run and send the output to a file, either on the TSM server or
another computer. That file will be ftp'd to another computer and deciphered
there. I've been able to run the command from a TSM admin command prompt on
my computer but not through a command I made and put in a server command
script I can run through the scheduler. I'm not a programmer for sure so I
need some help. This can either be a select statement or query command as
long as I get a text output file. Here is what works from a dsmc command
prompt:

adsm> query drmedia  * wherestate=mo > \\servername\temp\drmmo.txt

I tried to run the command from the command line on the web browser and a
server command script but get this output:
ANR2020E QUERY DRMEDIA: Invalid parameter - >.

I tried to run the command to redirect to the adsm server but it looks like
I don't have the syntax right because I haven't been able to do that either.
Unable to upen file blah blah blah for redirection.

If someone can help with this I'd truly appreciate it. Sorry I can't offer
prizes like Kelly can.

Geoff Gill
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC