ADSM-L

Re: How long will be backup task finished ?

2001-02-28 13:06:27
Subject: Re: How long will be backup task finished ?
From: Ray Pratts <rpratts AT SWBELL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:59:44 -0600
The 15MB/sec natively (30 MB/sec compressed) rates apply to the tapes streaming
speed.  The actual speed under TSM has been shown to be 12.8 MB/second
uncompressed and 15.3 MB/second with 3:1 compression.  These numbers come form
an IBM LTO Ultrium Performance Consulting Report date: August 23, 2000..  My
math may be flawed but I show that, with a rate of 15.3 MB/second, a backup of
600 GB is going to take over 11 hours.