ADSM-L

Re: DLT Tape capacity - I'm stumped

2001-02-27 19:31:22
Subject: Re: DLT Tape capacity - I'm stumped
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:31:46 -0800
Or to put it another way:

1) did they tell you the tape capacity is 80G after compression or
   when NATIVE??

2) if you compress at the client (and almost everyone does?!?!!) then you
   will only see NATIVE capacities reported.

 I've seen this for DLT IV's (35G) in the past and presently I see 20G for
my 3590's  and that's native.  But sometimes I
 get a client-joker that's not compressing at all then I
end up with 'ringers' in the bunch that say 30 and 40 Gigs for the 3590's.

.. joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley