ADSM-L

Re: Client Schedules won't start

2001-02-27 12:12:50
Subject: Re: Client Schedules won't start
From: "Mark S." <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:07:19 -0600
Rajesh Oak wrote:
>I am running TSM 4.1.0 on Win2000. For some reason, the client schedules won't
>start. They were working at one time and suddenly it stopped. The Server won't
>kickoff any schedules.
>Please advise what to look for to make it work.

Check to see if your TSM scheduler is running on the client. Look in the
Services list for the name you gave the scheduler service. If it is not
running, start it. (Right-clicking on the service name will give you a
menu.) If it won't start or stay started, check to see how long the name
of the service is. There used to be an NT bug that prevented services
with names longer than 14 characters from running. I have a customer
that ran across exactly the same situation on Win2K a couple of weeks
ago. DO NOT rename the service; that won't fix it. You have to delete
the service, and then build a new one with a shorter name.