ADSM-L

Re: Why does reclaim/migrate use only 1 drive

2001-02-26 10:00:21
Subject: Re: Why does reclaim/migrate use only 1 drive
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:00:30 -0500
To start ultiple migration processes use: upd stg <stgpool_name> migpr=x
where x = number of migration processes you want to start.

I don't think there is a way to have more than one reclamation process running
for a single storage pool.

David B. Longo
System Administrator
Health First, Inc.
3300 Fiske Blvd.
Rockledge, FL 32955-4305
PH      321.434.5536
Pager  321.634.8230
Fax:    321.434.5525
david.longo AT health-first DOT org

>>> Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL 02/26/01 09:49AM >>>
Hi *SM-ers!
I have a new 3494 library with two 3590 drives attached to my existing TSM
server. I'm trying to move the data from the "old" 3575 library to the 3494.
I tried two methods: migrate and reclaim. They both just start one process
while there are two 3590 drives available in the 3494 and three 3570 drives
in the 3575.
How can I force TSM to start two migrate or reclaim processes?
Thank you very much for your reply in advance!!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

This e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified
that no part of the e-mail or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or
distributed, and that any other action related to this e-mail or attachment is
strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail by
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or
its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission
of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for any delay in receipt.

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 02/26/01 10:06:16
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.