ADSM-L

Re: ANS1304W on 4.1

2001-02-26 07:11:15
Subject: Re: ANS1304W on 4.1
From: Rainer Wolf <rainer.wolf AT RZ.UNI-ULM DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:08:59 +0100
Reinhold Wagner wrote:

> Folks,
>
> i searched the archives and found several threads about ANS1304W, but non of
> them seem to be
> related to Version 4.
>
> We migrated a week ago from 3.1 to 4.1.2 and now see _ANS1304W Active object
> not
> found_ in a
> client's error log. In the archives i learned that it's a problem with
> national
> language
> characters and this could be true in this case also.
>
> Our Environment:
>
> Server: TSM 4.1.2.0, AIX 4.3.3
> Client: TSM 4.1.2.0, Solaris 7
>
> 'couse it's 18:29 here and we don't have a support contract which covers this
> time I'll try
> my luck here.
>
> TIA
>
> Reinhold Wagner, Zeuna Staerker GmbH & Co. KG

Hello Reinhold,

by reading your mail - just found the same

Our Environment:
Server: TSM 3.1.2.40, AIX 4.3.3
Client: TSM 4.1.2.0, Solaris 8

at LEAST all files containing a "?" are concerned and thats easy to reproduce:

# echo "ob das auch gut geht ? " > echt\?gut
# dsmc inc
# rm echt\?gut
# dsmc inc
Retry # 1  Directory-->               1,024 /priv/ [Sent]
Retry # 1  Expiring-->                   34 /priv/echt?gut  ** Unsuccessful **
ANS1228E Sending of object '/priv/echt?gut' failed
ANS1304W Active object not found

restore and more versions on those files seems to work  ... ?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / best regards

 Rainer Wolf                  rainer.wolf AT rz.uni-ulm DOT de
 Tel: 0731-50-22482           Fax: 0731-50-22471
 University of Ulm            http://www.uni-ulm.de/urz
 University Computing Center  Albert-Einstein-Allee 11
 AG Basissysteme              89069 Ulm