ADSM-L

Re: SAN, 3494, library shared HP-UX & AIX

2001-02-23 19:16:22
Subject: Re: SAN, 3494, library shared HP-UX & AIX
From: Suad Musovich <suad AT CCU1.AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 13:16:48 +1300
TSM 3.7/4.1 can share SAN connected libraries (including libraries
connected via a SCSI/FC gateway).

If you have the drivers and able to see(use) the tape and library
devices from the HP, sharing is possible.

Have a look in the Admin Guide under the section "Configuring
TSM servers to Share SAN-Connected Devices", it gives you a
play-by-play.

I don't run a HP server or a 3494, I am going by published blurb
and experimenting in my own environment.

Once you have set up the SAN, it's just like dealing with SCSI
devices. The difference is the ability to reallocate/share devices.
We haven't bought into full-blown SAN management yet as our needs
are simple for the moment.

Cheers, Suad