ADSM-L

Re: URGENT ? ABOUT DB RESTORE

2001-02-22 13:19:38
Subject: Re: URGENT ? ABOUT DB RESTORE
From: Jim Sporer <james.sporer AT DOIT.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:35:06 -0600
I assume you do not have a functional adsm server and that is why you are restoring the db, so you cannot do a move media or checkin but you don't need to do that. As long as you have a current volume history file, device configuration file and the tape has been inserted in the atl, you can issue the restore db command that Ruddy gave you and adsm will find the proper tape.
Jim Sporer