ADSM-L

ait2 firmware level

2001-02-22 11:24:10
Subject: ait2 firmware level
From: "Frost, Dave" <dave.frost AT TELEVAULTIT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:06:42 -0000
Hi *SMers,

we are running tsm version 3.7.4 on Solaris 7, and Sony ait2 tape drives in
an adic scalar 1000.

We are seeing a very large number reposition faults - especially with OP=RSR
along with a scattering of actual read or write errors, spread across 10
drives and 500 tapes.  In one particular case today, we have restored the
tape apparently giving a problem to the diskpool, and then refired the
restore.  Before we had set off the restore, migration had moved the files
back to a new tape.  Lo and behold, _exactly_ the same error occurred again
(different drive/different tape).

The error was (again)
ANR8302E I/O error on drive AIT09 (/dev/rmt/26mt) (OP=RSR, CC=205, KEY=FF,
ASC=FF, ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF, SENSE=**NONE**, Description=SCSI adaptor failure).

The drives are paired, and are on 5 distinct chaparral routers.

The firmware level of the drives is x01e7.

TSM support can't find anything in particular.

Has anybody seen this before, or know what the recommendation is for this
combination?

tia
-=Dave=-
dave.frost AT televaultit DOT com
dave.frost AT televaultit DOT com

ACK and ye shall receive.

www.guardianit.com                                                          The
information contained in this email is confidential and intended only for the
use of the individual or entity named above.  If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
Guardian iT Group will accept no responsibility or liability in respect to this
email other than to the addressee.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately via email: postmaster AT guardianit DOT com