ADSM-L

Re: TDP for DB2 documentation

2001-02-22 07:23:20
Subject: Re: TDP for DB2 documentation
From: "Collins, Brenda" <Brenda.Collins AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 06:23:47 -0600
DBA's tend to refer to it by both, either db2 of udb.  There really is no
TDP for DB2, you are just using the API for TSM.  I haven't worked with the
NT client for a while but I would suggest checking the dsierror.log for
error messages.  If the DBA's are running their backups by scripts, then
they should forward you the output you can see what errors get returned to
them.  That provides the best information.

Try to log on to the db2 client through the command line.  When you do a 'q
se', it may come up and ask for a password.  If it does, that means the
dsmapipw is not working correctly.  It does not work on the Solaris version.
I have experienced the dsmapipw either giving me a core dump or saying
password set correctly only to find that it fails when a backup is done.

If I set the password manually through command line, I have no problems.
Also, within DB2, if you do a 'db2adutl query' command, you can see whether
it will work or not.  You will get the same response as you would if you ran
a backup.

The AIX version works successfully.  The Solaris version has a few issues
with the password and links that I have had to work around but I can get it
to work.  Due to not working with the NT version anymore, I am not sure of
the issues there.

Brenda