ADSM-L

AIX Filesize issue and owner/group issue

2001-02-21 16:33:49
Subject: AIX Filesize issue and owner/group issue
From: Jeff Keen <JKeen AT CI.FLINT.MI DOT US>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:34:18 -0500
I am trying to do a retrieve from one server from another using virtualnode. I
am having 2 problems. One is that I have a 1.5 GB file that is giving me an
error stating that "user or system file size limit exceeded", or something real
close to that. I found a setting on the AIX server for fsize and set it
accordingly. It did not help. Am I missing something else? The second problem
is that the files that did come over lost their original Owner and Group
settings. They were set to Oracle and DBA and now they are set to 300 and 300.
Anyone seen this before? Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff