ADSM-L

Scratch Tape Problem

2001-02-21 15:33:42
Subject: Scratch Tape Problem
From: "Wells, Alan" <alan.wells AT ATTWS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:19:02 -0600
We have had some problems with a drive in our library.
After putting the tape online TSM began putting tapes in to write data.
The drive returned I/O errors and TSM responed by placing each tape in a
private status.  We started receiving errors stating that there were not
enough
scratch tapes.  After runing a q libvol I have discover that all tapes that
should
be in scratch (449 to be exact) are in private status.

Does anyone have a good idea on how I can get these 449 tapes back to a
scratch status.
I can run  UPDATE LIBV LB10.0.0.7 CAA### STATUS=SCRATCH and restore each
tape
one by one but this takes forever.  I did get enough tapes back to scratch
to be able to work
but need a faster method.

I am not familiar with writing scripts as of now.  I am currently learning
to be able to automate
a few things.

Thanks,
Alan Wells
alan.wells AT attws DOT com <mailto:alan.wells AT attws DOT com>