ADSM-L

Primary Archivepool tapes

2001-02-21 07:33:47
Subject: Primary Archivepool tapes
From: Henrik Hansson <Henrik_Hansson AT ALBINT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:35:26 +0100
Hi,

I do archiving  some critical data. For this purpose I have created a primary
tape archvepool and a copytape pool for the backup of the archived data.

The tapes in the primare pool are checked out after they have been updated with
status set to unavailiable. The archive last for 365 days. This leaves me with a
box of tapes that isn't used really.

My question is,
is it recommended to reuse the tapes for other purposes that origin from the
primary tape pool for my archivation.
Like relabelling and then use them in my daily backups.

I assume that the tapes that I will be use for a retrieve will be the ones in
the copy pool.

In addition DRM is handling the copytape pool for my archives....

Any tips is appreciated.

Best Regards
Henrik Hansson
Nomafa AB

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)