ADSM-L

Re: problem restore

2001-02-20 13:45:00
Subject: Re: problem restore
From: Nicholas Cassimatis <nickpc AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 13:45:12 -0500
A few tips I try to follow:

1.  Have an odd number of drives.  Any tape-to-tape operations will leave a
drive free for other operations (restores)
2.  Have MIGPROC set to an even value below the number of tape drives you
have (5 drives, MIGPROC=4)

Processes/sessions always finish the file they are on before they will end,
so you always get a bit of a lag from the cancel to the end.

Nick Cassimatis
nickpc AT us.ibm DOT com

"I'm one cookie away from happy." - Snoopy (Charles Schulz)

I've seen the middle.  Restores pre-empt the reclamation but it takes a
long time (30 minutes).  Haven't figure out what its waiting/looking for
before it decides to move on it.

Not very nice to my users to have to wait 30 minutes for a restore to
start.
               ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley