ADSM-L

Re: "Expire Inventory" taking way too long to complete

2001-02-20 13:29:08
Subject: Re: "Expire Inventory" taking way too long to complete
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:29:24 -0800
I thought Expire Inventory was a 'constant' keyed off of how many files
you have and not how many are deleted.  This is interesting.

I've heard of shops that only run it on weekends because it takes so long
which I don't understand.  It's "cancelable" and its "restartable" and so
why not run it during every window of opportunity it you need to???.

I guess the fact that I see it run about 1 1/2 hours every weekday means I
have a fairly stable 'cycle' of backups and expirations.  Although it does
spike to 3 hours from time to time ....

... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley