ADSM-L

Incremental Restore

2001-02-20 10:30:07
Subject: Incremental Restore
From: Christoph Pilgram <Christoph.Pilgram AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 16:23:50 +0100
Hy all,

within the next few days I have to restore some large disk-volumes to new
disks on a Netware-Server. Because its in production, I can't stop the
server for the whole restore time. The volumes are about 260GB in size. The
backup-data are spanned over about 24 tapes (3590E), so restore takes a
while.
The data can not be mirrored.
My idea is to restore the complete data to the new volumes while users work
on the old ones. After finishing this restore, I want to do another
incremental backup of the old volumes to get the meanwhile changed data.

But : how do I get only these data to the new volumes without touching all
the other older data on the tapes ???

TSM-Server : AIX 4.3  TSM 3.7.4
Netware-Version : 5.0   TSM-Client 3.7.2

Thanks for help
Christoph