ADSM-L

SQL Restores from standard backup client

2001-02-20 09:04:28
Subject: SQL Restores from standard backup client
From: "Collins, Brenda" <Brenda.Collins AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:04:52 -0600
Hi!

I am experiencing problems with trying to restore SQL files on an NT 4.0 box
using the standard TSM backup client (4.1.2.0).

I tried to restore the following:
d:\da
d:\mssql7
e:\da
f:\da

The problem is that even though I choose to restore to original location on
all of them, everything gets restored to the D: drive.  The only thing
different about this server that I can think of is that they enabled
compression on those drives to be used if they chose to do so.  (Currently,
they are not using it.)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brenda Collins,
Storage Solutions Group
Phone: 651-848-5808
Email:  brenda.collins AT westgroup DOT com

Disclaimer:  "The views, opinions and judgements expressed in this message
are solely those of the author.  The message contents have not been reviewed
or approved by West Group."