ADSM-L

Check in manual lib. error.

2001-02-19 13:32:39
Subject: Check in manual lib. error.
From: Ben Kokenge <ben AT LATTICECOM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:19:17 -0600
Hello *SMers,

I was trying to set up an external single DLR drive to my ADSM 3.1.50
system.  I created all devices and pool, but keeps giving me this message:

ANR0535W Transaction failed for session 2293 for node DLT.TEST (WinNT) -
insufficient mount points available to satisfy the request.

I labeled the dlt tape ok, but I could not check it in with this error:

adsm> checkin libv dltlib vol001 status=scr
ANR8403E CHECKIN LIBVOLUME: Operation not allowed for MANUAL libraries.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

So I just defined it into that pool, but when I try to use it i get:

ANR0535W insufficient mount points available to satisfy the request.

I think I need a scratch volume in there, but I can't figure it out.  I have
max scratch set to 3 for that pool.

Any help?
ben

info below:
DEV CLASS:
             Device Class Name: DLT
        Device Access Strategy: Sequential
            Storage Pool Count: 1    <--- (defined vol in there)
                   Device Type: DLT
                        Format: DLT35C
         Est/Max Capacity (MB): 35,840.0
                   Mount Limit: 1