ADSM-L

SQL-BackTrack for Informix / TSM interaction

2001-02-19 13:26:40
Subject: SQL-BackTrack for Informix / TSM interaction
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:28:58 -0600
4.3.2 / RS6000
   3.7.3.6 TSM Server
   3.7.2 Client
    2.1SQL-Backtrack for Informix

This is in ref to our sites weekend archives of two applications using the SQL-B
for I tool...

TSM Scheduler has begun to act funny on one of my production servers (a TSM
client). I have its dsm.sys file in both the api and ba paths set to ''schedmode
prompted''. The dsmsched.log shows the client waiting for the next scheduled
acty every minute until the actual time of the schedule. The schedule begins and
it took 23 HOURS for the PeopleSoft Level 0 backup to finish (usually and hour
or two). In the meantime, my DataMart application, which also uses the
SQL-BackTrack for Informix client missed its schedule... it didn't appear on the
dsmsched.log at all and I have a debug file running and I know that the script
which calls the dtibackup command was never run. After announcing the "next
scheduled activity" every minute in the dsmsched log for hours on end, there is
a gap of 23 hours (from the time the PeopleSoft schedule began) where there is
no activity (the DataMart schedule SHOULD have been in there).... any ideas???
This feels like a TSM schedule or session issue to me. Is there a max session
paramter other than on the server??? Please help!

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises