ADSM-L

Re: Scratch tapes...

2001-02-19 12:58:31
Subject: Re: Scratch tapes...
From: George Lesho <glesho AT AFCE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:59:16 -0600
Hope I am not stating the obvious, but if your library has only 19 elements
capable of holding the same number of tape volumes, use an overflo location and
while you will have to shuffle tapes in and out of the library, you will be able
to have a "virtual" library with a zillion tapes in it. Since you will have to
keep sticking in (checkin libv command) and pulling out tapes with the "move
media" command to utilize an overflo location, you should probably do your
expiration/reclamation during the day and turn it off when the library is
unattended....

George Lesho
Storage/System Admin
AFC Enterprises

"Mark S." <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM> on 02/17/2001 06:19:38 PM